It's no secret that we're all about the local-love. So it may not surprise you to hear that one of the nation's largest independent bookstores also happens to be one of our all-time favorites. Book bums & bibliophiles, Joseph-Beth Booksellers is for you.
Here's a quick run-down of the highlights.
1. They host awesome in-store events: Every month, JB brings in a handful of your favorite authors to mix, mingle, and (most importantly) sign some books. And we're not talking about no-name writers here, either. The store's visitors range from local legends like Skinny Mom's Brooke Griffin to Cynthia D ' Aprix Sweeney, author of bestseller "The Nest."
2. They sell super-cool local goods: Head on over to the Rookwood location to find Queen City coffee table books galore, Rookwood Pottery, candles named after Cincy neighborhoods, and even those trendy city coasters that have taken the crafting world by storm. Every time we visit, there's a new Cincinnati good to gawk over.
3. Bronte Bistro is the bomb: You know we're always game for some coffee and a muffin. And Joseph-Beth's in-store cafe doesn't disappoint. What's even better? They've got super-tasty, gourmet entrees like the "Pear and Bleu Cheese Salad" and "Bourbon Glazed Salmon." (Yum. Our mouths are watering just thinking about it.)
4. The entire store is ultra-personalized: As you're wandering the aisles and shelves, you'll notice little slips of paper and notes paired with certain books. Sure, lots of bookstores label their newest additions and bestsellers, but not everywhere has a note reporting that Sarah couldn't put this book down and would recommend it as the perfect beach read. It's all those little touches that keep us coming back for more.
5. They're all about giving back: Over the years, JB has been able to give over $230k to the community, helping to support everything from Cincinnati Children's Hospital to the Literacy Network. Basically, their rewards program (you know, the "frequent shopper" set-up that gives you a discount) dedicates a percentage of every purchase to the community. You can't not love that kind of thing.
Yep, there's something pretty darn special about Joseph-Beth Booksellers, and we're glad we've got a store right here in Cincinnati to enjoy. So... Enjoy!
- - -
Joseph-Beth Booksellers' Cincy location is in the Rookwood Commons & Pavilion shopping center -- 2692 Madison Road (Suite M), Cincinnati, OH 45208.