Let your child's love of theatre grow with The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati's (TCT) Academy Classes. TCT Academy offers performing arts instruction from a professional theatre company, introducing children to all elements of live theatre, incorporating educational aspects as well as important life skills and milestones.
"What's great about TCT Academy is that it isn't just learning how to sing, dance and act. It's about gaining confidence, learning life skills and keeping kids active," says TCT's Artistic Director, Roderick Justice.
From 18 months to 18 years, there's a class at TCT that your child is sure to love.
Classes are popular and fill up quickly, though. Registration is currently open and closes Jan. 31, 2023. Sign up your child today! To see full offerings and class schedules, click here.
Here's a sneak peek at the new class offerings:
- Sing-along: Disney is a new class for ages 4-6. Each class will focus on a new singing technique/style and students will hone their skills by singing to a new song each week.
- For budding musicians and songwriters ages 12-18, the new Songwriting class uses a variety of techniques to help students create their own songs with lyrics and melody.
- Harmony 101 will teach ensemble numbers from famous musicals and choral singing techniques. This class is for intermediate singers ages 10-12.
- For ages 13-18, Music Production will teach students how to produce their own music tracks in GarageBand. This class is a combo of creative songwriting and technology.
- Characters and Curtains (Ages 10-12) is a Dungeons and Dragons based class where students will have classes in prop building, costume design, acting, and stage combat. This opportunity is perfect for any performer who has an interest in how to create whole worlds and characters.
Other popular classes include Musical Theatre Medley, Musical Theatre Dance, Improv, Page to Stage, Drama Club, and Acting Through Song.
TCT AcademyLIVE! has been growing in popularity in the last few years. This audition-only class combines instruction with the opportunity to perform in a fully-staged musical with props, costumes, and sets. Our curriculum combines instruction with “doing,” to best help students internalize and master the theater skills taught. To complement and reinforce the learning process, students will also spend time rehearsing for their theater production that culminates in three public performances. This opportunity features two-hour classes, twice a week. This session's AcademyLIVE! show is Seussical JR.
AcademyLIVE! auditions will be held at TCT Red Bank on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Students should prepare to stay the entire time and wear comfortable clothing for dancing. Please prepare a 16-bar acapella song from any musical that is based on a literary work (comic book, novel, short story, poem etc.).
TCT Tiny Tots
TCT now offers five-week classes for kids 18 months to 24 months old and 25 months to 47 months old, along with their guardians.
In TCT TOTS!, prepare to move, sing, dance, create and laugh with your little one in this five-week class that promotes developmental growth for your baby. Each class will be completely guided through music and will help build an environment conducive to social emotional learning.
In Tiny Tot Yoga, this class contains dozens of yoga-inspired movements, songs, rhymes, and activities designed to support baby’s development.
Scholarships are available for students of all ages. The purpose of the TCT Scholarship Program is to provide equitable access to the arts for all children. Students will be matched to the scholarship award most appropriate for their situation. To find out more and apply, click here.