Keeneland’s 2019 Fall Meet is here!
Through October 26th, Keeneland will be open to the public at 11 AM daily with the first post time at 1:05 PM. Whether you’re heading down on a party bus or just going with your family, Keeneland is a great way to celebrate Kentucky’s horse racing history in a fun, affordable way.
There are tons of activities, and a few new features this year:
- The new Saddling Paddock Chalet, which provides you with a unique view overlooking the Saddling Paddock, as well as a premium buffet.
- The Bourbon Bar, next to the Saddling Paddock, which offers premium bourbons including the Keeneland Private Select from Maker’s Mark and Blanton’s Single Barrel Select for Keeneland
- Self-Servicing waging machines will allow you to donate a portion or all of your winnings to the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, which helps to take care of retired racehorses
Fall Meet will have some special events as well:
- The Hill, which is Keeneland’s official tailgate! There’s live music, food trucks, a shuttle to the Grandstand, a jumbo screen to watch races or football, and on Saturdays, live bluegrass.
- Saturday mornings feature Sunrise Trackside, which is breakfast beginning at 7 AM, children’s activities in the Kid’s Club Corner, free guided tours of the grounds, and equine-related demonstrations at the Paddock.
- A variety of guided tours, which can be purchased at Keeneland.com
If you’re there to bet on the horses, there are lots of opportunities to do so. Every Friday guarantees $200,000 on the Friday Pick Four on the first three Fridays of the meet, and $300,000-guaranteed All-Stakes Pick Five. Every day, Keeneland offers a Pick Six and early/late Pick Fours and Pick Fives. BETologists are available each race day to answer your wagering questions, and handicappers of all levels can play the WINS-Day challenge every Wednesday!
So put on your favorite hat, dress up, and take a day at the Races at Keeneland this fall.
- - -