Thirty five years ago, Jan and Chip Kussmaul bought a beautiful (but terribly neglected) Victorian home in Clifton Heights. The selling point: an amazing view of downtown and Over-the-Rhine. In the intervening years, they took on the painstaking process of bringing the house back to life.
After raising their family and retiring, they decided empty-nester life didn't suit them. ... So they did the next logical thing. They turned their lovely abode into Elysian Place Bed & Breakfast.
ELYSIAN PLACE INCLUDES:
- 3 different bedrooms for rent
- 1.5 communal bathrooms
- Third-floor coffee & tea station, mini bar, and refrigerator
- Covered porches on each floor of the home
- A large, ornate dining room
- A living room wrapped in custom cherry woodworking
- Elevator to the second floor
- Solarium with an indoor waterfall
- Grassy backyard with a playhouse
THIS B&B WILL RUN YOU:
$60 to $125 per night. That’s a bargain for what you get.
The B&B is only rented out to one party (of up to six people) per night, so guests have the entire third floor to enjoy to themselves and their hosts' undivided attention.
A lovely little B&B on the edge of the city with quick access to everything, yet far enough away to provide an escape should you need it. Yes, it does exist.
See it for yourself, too. The gallery above is proof this little B&B would be wonderful as a staycation destination.
Check out Elysian Place Bed & Breakfast’s website to book your home away from home today.