Summit Park is attractive for many reasons. Besides the countless acres of grass and walking paths, extraordinary landscaping, dog park, restaurants, covered lounge areas, and event programming, Blue Ash's gargantuan green space stands out in one particularly dramatic way.
This summer, visitors began their ascent to the top of a feature that literally towers over the rest of the park. A nine-story observation tower measuring a total of 153 feet tall rises at the precipice of a man-made lake near the northern edge of the park. It recently opened to the public, so we ventured north on I-71 to check it out. Here's the lowdown on the high-rise.
- It has two observation decks: one at the 26-foot mark and another at the 126-foot mark.
- The tower stands a total of 983 feet above sea level.
- Standing on the tower's nine-story observation deck is the rough equivalent of standing on the 27th floor of Great American Tower in Downtown Cincinnati thanks to Blue Ash's topographical height.
- There are two rentable indoor spaces at the base of the tower.
- Indoor restrooms are also available at the base.
- The second observation deck has a glass railing that helps reveal the surrounding landscape below.
- The decks are accessible by elevator and stairs.
- To the north, you can see Kings Island's Eiffel Tower.
- To the south, you can see Great American Tower, Carew Tower, PNC Tower, and many other notable skyscrapers.
- You can see Top Golf in West Chester.
- You don't have to strain your eyes (unfortunately) to get a glimpse of Hamilton County's tallest landform, the infamous landfill known as Mt. Rumpke...
- If you go to the top of the Carew Tower Downtown ($6 for an adult), you can see Summit Park's tower just below the horizon to the northeast if you use the stationary binoculars.
STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- The tower is open from noon to 9 PM every day.
- Pets, strollers, and refreshments aren't allowed on the observation decks.
- The whole thing is free to explore.
- - -
Blue Ash's Summit Park Observation Tower is located at 4335 Glendale Milford Road (45242).