Pizza isn't just a food. ... It's a family pastime. It's a tradition.
As kids, when pizza was on the dinner menu, we smiled with glee. In all likelihood, that hasn't changed much as adults. The only difference is our widening palate. Instead of being happy with cheese or pepperoni, now we expect arugula, prosciutto, and fig jam to top our wood-fired dough. Then again, can you blame us? That stuff is the bomb.
Of course, sometimes it's hard to make time for a gourmet pizza night out. We're busy with life's responsibilities. But we've come too far as adults to return to evenings with Papa John's boxes.
"So what are we to do?" [Insert dramatic pause.] Glad you asked.
Brought to you by the folks behind A Tavola, Taglio is a dine-in, carry-out, and delivery pizza restaurant located in Columbia-Tusculum.
THE 411 ON TAGLIO
• It's fresh. Like, hella fresh. (I.E. the dough is made by hand, the cheese is grated by hand, and the sauce comes from a 100-year-old recipe. I'm actually kidding about the last one, but you get the point.)
• It's more than just pizza. The menu includes sandwiches and salads, too.
• It's more than just food. The beverage menu includes a stellar selection of craft brews and wines.
• It's only been open since March.
• It has substance. You know how sometimes you order a pizza and there's really nothing to it? ... Just bread and sauce. Not at Taglio. If you order a pizza with a mix of toppings, you will undoubtedly taste those toppings in nearly every bite.
• It takes a little while to make the pizzas in the brick-lined gas oven. So unless you're gonna post up and enjoy a beer while you wait and/or dine in, I suggest calling ahead for a carry-out order. OR, try the delivery option. The delivery range includes Columbia-Tusculum, Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, Mt. Adams, and Mariemont. And they will even deliver beer to your door.
• It's just as good, if not better, the next day. Yes, cold, leftover pizza... we're talkin' about you.
Alright, so that's the good word on Taglio, but for the complete mental picture, you should take a turn through the photo gallery above. That'll really get the cravings going.
- - -
Taglio is located at 3531 Columbia Parkway (45226).