Perhaps you’ve seen them in the paper or heard them on the radio. ... Or perhaps you know nothing of the sisters who’ve built a brand based on a shared love of food. Well, that’s what we’re here for… to introduce you to Cooking With Caitlin.
8 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT COOKING WITH CAITLIN
1. It’s owned and operated by Cincinnati sisters Caitlin Steininger and Kelly Trush.
2. Right out of high school, Caitlin went to culinary school at Le Cordon Bleu in Chicago.
3. Kelly (the older sister) is the spirited voice behind the brand, which has become a food-focused collective of sorts (i.e. recipes, blogs, events, and more).
4. Cooking With Caitlin (the restaurant) opened in March 2017. When the business started nearly 10 years ago, they weren’t interested in opening a restaurant. But after enough peer pressure from friends, it became clear that a restaurant was going to happen. It’s located in Wyoming, where both Kelly & Caitlin live.
5. The restaurant space was originally built as a car wash in the ’60s and ‘70s, but it’s lived many lives in between.
6. Caitlin’s favorite dish to make for herself is cocoa puffs… for everyone else, homemade gnocchi.
7. They utilize as much produce (e.g. basil, squash blossoms, tomatoes, etc.) as possible from the Vermont School Garden, a local garden that's run by teachers, students, and parents.
8. The restaurant is only open three days a week, Friday through Sunday. Friday and Saturday it's open for dinner and Sunday for brunch.
- - -
Cooking With Caitlin (the restaurant) is located at 1517 Springfield Pike, Wyoming, OH 45215.