A home that's decked out in modern, contemporary furniture can oft be described as cold and uninviting. I don't know who these people saying such heinous things are. But trust me, "those people" exist and such heinous things have been said. I much prefer to think of modern design as clean, clutter-free, and thus, calming.
Yes, there is something truly calming about utility and simplicity coming together. Because when it comes together just right, it's beautiful.
Enter into the picture Voltage Furniture. Located on Madison Road in Oakley, Voltage is a purveyor of such beauty. Whether it's a couch, bed, table, light fixtures, or even knick knacks, Voltage is the go-to spot for those who share this love of modernism.
THE 411 ON VOLTAGE
- It's owned by Jeff & Julie Hinkel.
- It first opened in 1989 on Hyde Park Square, selling lighting and fun accessories.
- It moved to its current location in 2002.
- Typical clientele are those looking to downsize but still want high-quality, comfortable products.
- The Voltage team can work with your architect/designer, or they can take it up a notch, by guiding those with material selection, planning, and even kitchen design + installation.
"We like that our clients learn something new about the sofa or chair they are purchasing and the company or designer from which it comes," said Jeff Hinkel. "There's a history and reputation behind each of our brands, usually 50-100 years. And that makes it very exciting to own a piece of design history."
- - -
Voltage Furniture is located at 3209 Madison Rd. (45209).