At the corner of 12th and Central Parkway in Over-the-Rhine sits a massive 88,000-square-foot navy blue building with the words "STRIETMANN CENTER" painted on its western wall. You've undoubtedly seen it if you've ever ended up with a beer and a burger on the Queen City Radio patio.
The aforementioned Strietmann Center is a newly-renovated office building that's currently leasing to lucky tenants who manage to nab a spot on any of its seven industrial floors. With an open-air rooftop terrace outfitted with solar panels along with its indoor Penthaus Conference Center (which has a kitchen in addition to both business and casual sitting areas), Strietmann Center establishes itself as truly enviable within the office space world.
And one of its coolest featurest? Strietmann is not even a new building. Far from it, actually.
COOKIES, CRACKERS, AND MORE
The Strietmann Biscuit Company was an incredibly successful baked goods manufacturer that became famous for making Zesta Soda Crackers (which are still on shelves today) and other popular products, such as wafers, pecan sandies, pretzels, cookies, and more.
The first five floors were built for the Strietmann Biscuit Company in 1899. The business was booming, thus picking the location along the Miami and Erie Canal (now Central Parkway) made sense for growth. Subsequent renovations added two more floors over the ensuing decades, expanding the Strietmann's vertical footprint.
But in the 1940s, Strietmann vacated the building and relocated to Mariemont. Acquisitions of the business by Keebler and Kellogg's followed over the years, and the Strietmann name vanished.
But its former OTR headquarters remained. The building went on to house several other smaller businesses, eventually becoming the storage facility of the Wegman Company in the early 1990s.
Roughly 20 years passed before Peg Wyant purchased it in January 2016 and transformed it into what it is today.
- The movie "Carol" starring Cate Blanchett filmed in one of the rooms of the Strietmann Center in 2014.
- The building features nearly 14,000 square feet of mixed-use retail and office space on the street level.
- A fitness center and showers, as well as bike storage, are located beneath the building.
- It's right next to the YMCA, making it the perfect location for your office if a workout is part of your daily routine.
- If your workout consists of pumping pints of beer into your face instead of iron, get ripped at happy hour by skipping across the street to Queen City Radio.
- - -
Leasing is still happening at The Strietmann Center. Visit its website for more information about bringing your office to this incredible (available) space.