Art is constantly evolving—that’s what makes it so valued and fun. It’s even better when you get to create it yourself. And it’s even BETTER when you get to make art while enjoying wine, beer, or a cocktail with friends.
The concept of wining and painting is nothing new in both the local and franchise business scene in Cincinnati, but when new materials, styles, and local artists are brought to the easel, it’s exciting to see what’s out there. And, most importantly, discover what makes each one unique from the rest.
Many of these sipping & painting venues have calendars you can check out on their websites to sign up for classes in advance to reserve your spot in a themed-course you’re interested in. And don’t worry if you lack artistic ability or experience prior to a class; the artists at these spaces are very helpful in guiding you through a work of art from start to finish. Much like Michelangelo and the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel—they’re got you covered.
3434 Edwards Road (45208)
- Anders Ruff Workshop is a national franchise located in Hyde Park
- Crafts include wood pieces, canvas pillows, frames, trays, chunky knit blankets, and more
- You can create hundreds of unique designs
- Drinking policy is BYO beer or wine
Board & Brush Creative Studio
2875 Town Center Boulevard (41017)
- Design a custom board sign at this Crestview location (there’s also one in Montgomery)
- Distress, sand, and paint over the wood using stencils
- Costs $65 no matter which wooden decor you select
- The venue serves beers, ciders, seltzers, and wine
Cheers to Art!
7700 Camargo Road (45243)
- Locally-owned art facility with monthly WAM Nights (wine, art, and live music)
- Crafts include canvas paintings and wood creations
- Has a bar that serves wine, beer, and soft drinks
- Themed art nights include Movie Night where you create something inspired by newly released films
Eat Drink Paint
No formal address
- Locally-owned operation that caters your art event by hosting it at local restaurant, lounge, or other businesses where appetizers and a drink are included
- Crafts include painting on canvas
- Sign up for public events that are hosted around town or arrange your own private event like bachelorette party, birthday, corporate get-together, etc.
10754 Montgomery Road (45242)
- Locally-owned in Montgomery
- One of the few full-service art studios in the area
- Offers open studio sessions or art classes/events
- Crafting includes painting on pottery with a glaze, glass painting with enamel, and wood and canvas painting with acrylic paint
- Alcohol is not provided, but open studio and classes are BYOB
7714 Montgomery Road (45236)
- An entertainment franchise with locations in Kenwood and West Chester
- Hosts step-by-step painting sessions nearly every night
- In-house bar serves beer, wine, and mixed drinks
- A 2-hour class will cost $34, and a 3-hour class runs about $45, depending on the art project
7713 Beechmont Avenue (45255)
- A franchise art venue with a location in Anderson
- Crafts include painting on wood, designing on canvas, string art, door hangers, and various other artworks
- Have fun themed-nights such as Date Nights and Paint Your Pets
- A variety of local and national beers, liquor, and around 12 wine varieties are sold at this venue, with certain nights even featuring drink deals