Cincinnat’s non-profit MORTAR has a simple mission statement: enable under-served entrepreneurs and businesses to succeed by creating opportunities to build communities through entrepreneurship.
BRICK OTR is MORTAR’s pop-up shop on Vine Street. Every month, a new business owner that fits the MORTAR mission statement sets up his/her wares inside BRICK OTR. This means that 12 times a year there’s a brand new store to explore on one of the city’s busiest streets.
And this month, Inspirit Arts Vendor Academy has popped up in BRICK OTR.
5 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT INSPIRIT ARTS
1. It was originally established in Africa in 1982.
2. It’s owned by Sylvia NebSa Harmon, commonly referred to as “Miss NebSa.”
3. She’s a fair trade, micro-enterprise consultant who teaches people how to sell products at fairs, festivals, and virtually any public event.
Teaching individuals and organizations how to sell fair trade handmade products is my way of helping to eradicate poverty in developing countries, while raising funds for causes I care about.
4. Inspirit Arts is a brand of handmade, colorful head wraps of varying styles, colors, and types.
5. It’s only in the pop-up shop through November 17th.
- - -
Scroll back to the top if you want to peruse some of the merchandise online.
Or, you can head there in person. BRICK OTR is located at 1327 Vine Street, Cincinnati 45202.