A who’s who of Cincinnati icons will convene on Wednesday, April 19 at the Aronoff Center. They’ll be listening to — and eventually judging — a who’s who of Cincinnati’s business elite.
Sound like an super serious affair? Well, it isn’t. It’s the CincySings Finals, and it’s sure to bring a smile to your face.
If you attend, that is. Which you should, because not only will you be able to watch folks from P&G, Western & Southern, and Macy’s showcase their musical talents, you’ll also be benefitting ArtsWave, the nation’s united arts fund and one of Cincinnati’s big claims to fame, leading the fundraising, planning, and promoting of the arts in our region.
When I say “iconic,” I mean it in the John Morris Russell sort of way. And in fact the Cincinnati Pops conductor will be among CincySing’s judges. He’ll be joined by host Drew Lachey and fellow judges:
- Bob Herzog: Adored Local 12 Good Morning Cincinnati anchor, Children’s Theatre actor, and all around nice guy
- Janelle Gelfand: Enquirer arts writer, with unassailable artistic judgements
- Kathy Wade: Founder and CEO of Learning Through Art, Inc. and Emmy-nominated producer and jazz vocalist
Business elite by day, that is — talented troubadours by night.
Below are the teams performing:
- P&G — The P&Gtles
- The Christ Hospital — 98.6 Degrees
- Duke Energy — The Power Chords
- Western & Southern — A Cappella with a Fella
- Sibcy Cline — Sibcy Cabana
- Macy’s — Macy’s In Harmony
- Cincinnati Children’s — Just Roll With It
- University of Cincinnati — HarmoniCATS
- The Cincinnati Insurance Companies — Insuring Harmony
- BB&T — BB&Glee
Of course, talent is nothing without direction, which was provided to the teams in the form of professionals from area organizations including Ensemble Theatre, Cincinnati Opera, Cincinnati Children’s Choir, and more. So this isn’t just your friend Kelly from HR getting up there and singing; this is Kelly from HR having trained with an expert… and getting up there and singing.
If Kelly and her entirely hypothetical team should win the competition, they’ll sing the National Anthem on July 21 at Art in the Park, ArtsWave’s annual event at Great American Ballpark.
HERE’S WHERE YOU BUY TICKETS
Actually, here is where you buy tickets.
The CincySings Finals will take place on Wednesday, April 19 at 7pm at the Aronoff Center.