Because I can't fathom someone not enjoying a wine-painting class, I assume the only reason you wouldn't go is the misconception that you need to be, like, good at art or something.
Being someone of noticeable artistic ineptitude, allow me to disabuse you of that misconception: You don’t.
And you have the wine to thank.
Since the dawn of time, wine has motivated artists to create works of fabulous and incomparable beauty. But far more often, it simply gets us drunk. Which is good news for my artistically inept brethren, because after a glass or two at Cincinnati’s Cheers to Art, you pretty much stop caring about whether you're painting the next Starry Night and start having a really good time.
IT’S NOT A CLASS, IT’S A PARTY
At Cheers to Art, you don’t ever feel scrutinized. The atmosphere is relaxed and stress-free. Owners Nancy and Adam Luensman (who by the way are all-in on the whole “Cincinnati is awesome” thing) want you to have a great time. If you get a little painting done between your singing and dancing, they consider that a success.
Don’t get me wrong, if you want to paint, you’re free to paint. But the point is you don’t need to be Cézanne to put on an apron.
And hey, if your painting turns out badly, you can always just call it modern art. (Sorry, low-hanging fruit.)
A FEW MORE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- You’re provided with everything you’ll need – a canvas, paint, brushes, apron, easels, and step-by-step instruction.
- The acrylic paint is not friendly to clothing, so don’t dress in anything you deeply value.
- Cheers to Art has an in-studio bar serving not only wine, but also beer, mimosas, and soft drinks – just in case you’re not of the Dionysian persuasion.
- The calendar is filled with Mimosa Mornings (first mimosa is on the house), Wine Down Wednesdays, Thirsty Thursdays (half-price bottles of wine), and of course Ladies’ Nights and Guys’ Nights.
- If you have a bachelor or bachelorette party coming up, Cheers to Art is the perfect place to get it going. For that matter, it’s great for every other kind of private event as well.
- Sessions are frequently sold out, so they request you make reservations in advance.
- - -
Cheers to Art has two locations: 1109 Vine Street, OTR and 7700 Camargo Road, Madeira. Check out their website here.