Bigger isn't always better. Keeping it modest and tasteful can provide a huge amount of value without extra square footage to maintain or the price tag to go along with it. 4325 Homer Avenue in Madisonville is a perfect example of an excellently renovated older home with loads of stylish finishes and personality in a relatively small package.
The three-bedroom, two-bathroom house features brand new maple hardwood floors, new windows, new wiring, renovated bathrooms, and a new deck in the backyard. While much of it has been updated, efforts to keep original features such as the home's original doorknobs, stained glass window in the dining room, and other architectural elements were made to preserve the house's character.
In other words, this is an attractive little house that's perfect for a couple or a small family, and it has decades of flavor baked into its bones to appeal to someone who values history. The house was flipped by the owner and Peter Craft of Craft Construction Services, LLC, and it's currently on the market for $315,000.
- Whirlpool appliances in the kitchen
- Wrap-around granite countertop island with built-in microwave
- A brand new deck just off the back door that overlooks a sizable yard
- Loads of storage on every floor of the house, including a full basement
- A master bedroom that encompasses the entire second floor
- Walk-in master closet
- Double vanity and clawfoot tub in the master bathroom in addition to a glass and tile shower stall
- A parking pad, eliminating on-street parking