I've seen mundane houses built on awe-inspiring lots, and I've seen awe-inspiring houses built on mundane lots. But I've never seen a combination of house and lot quite like this.
The house's design both complements and accentuates everything that makes the land great -- specifically, that view.
And just wait until you find out how impeccable everything inside the house is, too. The five-bed, five-and-a-half-bath house at 3649 Vineyard Place is one in only a handful of properties that truly deserves the appellation 'dream home'.
RENOVATED TO PERFECTION
Built in 1874, by the new millennium it was in need of a little TLC. Luckily the current owners were willing to put the time and effort into making this home what it is today.
The house is traditional in design with new cedar siding on the exterior. The landscaping is all new as well, including a white pine, spruce trees, and a large maple at the rear of the driveway.
On the inside, the house sports multi-panel doors, high beam ceilings, crown molding, and natural woodwork.
But most striking is the house's use of space. The renovations expanded openings to the kitchen, living room, and family room with the result that the house flows exceptionally well. It's a place designed for entertaining, whether that means hosting a cocktail party or simply having your children's friends for an after-school snack.
CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT VIEW YET?
In a minute. First, let's talk about how you're going to appreciate that view: the two-story deck. Constructed right into the bedrock, the tiered deck has redwood railing and black balusters.
Below, the property features an in-ground pool with a newly constructed pool house for storage. But how do you get from the lower level of the deck to the pool? Well, you could take the stairs... Or you could ride the slide. Yep, there's a graded water slide that flows directly into the pool. Suh-weet!
Now we can get to the view. Between you and Downtown Cincinnati in the distance, there's several miles of wooded lands sloping down to the Ohio River. Front and center is Columbia Tusculum, and a little to the left is Alms Park.
Just imagine waking up to the sunlight washing over that image every day, or sitting outside with a g&t watching the sunset make silhouettes of the downtown skyscrapers. Gorgeous!
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
The house's view goes hand-in-hand with its location. Columbia-Tusculum is a wonderful part of town. The nightlife is energetic, the community is vibrant and close-knit, and it's located fewer than five minutes from Hyde Park/Oakley/Rookwood and fewer than ten minutes from Downtown Cincinnati.
It's the best of both worlds -- right in the heart of the city and yet reposed within a serene enclosure you don't have to leave if you don't want to.
A FEATURE-RICH HOME
And when you have so many great features crammed into this house, why would you ever want to leave it? Here's a small sampling:
- An open concept gourmet kitchen with double ovens, a six-burner gas range, a built-in refrigerator, a warming drawer, marble countertops, an island, a pantry, and stairway access to the second floor.
- A dining room with wood floors, a chandelier, and new window treatments.
- A living room with a fireplace, a bookcase, and new ceiling trim detailing.
- A family room with wood paneling, a wooden bar and mantle, and another bookcase.
- An office with new built-in cabinetry, yet a third bookcase, paneled walls, and a fireplace.
- A slew of entertainment-focused rooms including a media room, a home theatre, and a library (with presumably even more bookcases).
- A 900-bottle, climate-controlled wine cellar.
- An exercise room (with an Andrew Luck Fathead, in what appears to be the lone unfortunate design decision by the current owner).
- An outdoor fenced-in basketball court.
- A guest suite above the garage with a separate staircase, perfect for out-of-town visitors or an au pair.
- And, lastly, a wireless sound system installed throughout the house so you can play all your favorite music wherever you go.
ALL FOR THE REASONABLE PRICE OF
To find out more about the house at 3649 Vineyard Place, check out the listing at www.vineyardplacehome.com.
The house listing of 3649 Vineyard Place is provided by the Finn Team of Coldwell Banker West Shell. To find out more about the Finn Team, including their portfolio of homes around Cincinnati, check out their website.